Thirteen Random Facts About Me
1. Every play I performed in my college theatre ended with my character murdered. Okay, there were only two.
2. I have an addiction to brownies-from-a-box but hate chocolate ice cream.
3. I learned to hockey stop on ice skates by asking a knowledgeable looking hockey player during an open skate – two days before I joined the women’s club hockey team in college.
4. My food orders in restaurants make Meg Ryan’s in When Harry Met Sally look low maintenance.
5. I turned into a gym junkie as a side effect of trying losing baby weight.
6. I will never be a graceful swimmer.
7. When I doze off at my computer, but refuse to succumb so I can finish writing, I watch (currently) LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem video and do the shuffle. It wakes me up for another 20 to 30 minutes of writing.
8. All I have in common with Donna Reed (from the TV show) is we are both stay at home mothers and have two children.
9. I don’t plot out my fictional stories. I write them “in the moment” and have no idea where they’re going next.
10. I am blessed with an unnatural immunity to stomach viruses which means I clean up a lot of puke.
11. I suffer from odontophobia. Yes, dentists terrify me.
12. I am a sci-fi geek.
13. I have no idea what I’m doing self-hosting my own website.
This blog is for writing challenges, random pieces of writing, ranting about writing frustrations, and pretty much everything else related to aspiring to be a “real” writer.
March 2011 – I’ve decided (when the prompt fits and the characters are talking) to write about recurring characters, in hopes that one day I might have the workings of a book. See the “”Fiction” tab for more information.
Meanwhile, you can check out the main mommy blog over at Dances with Chaos.